Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||West Hartford, CT United States
|| Education and Library
Working under the direction of the Provost, the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, retrieval, reporting and security of information about the University's students through effective performance in: student registration; comprehensive student records; interpretation, programming and implementation of academic policy; reporting of student information; budget management; management of staff. This position is also responsible for providing leadership and management of the policies and processes involved in enrollment activities and academic records management as well as the office’s utilization of advanced technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
• Collaborates with Institutional Research to prepare internal and external enrollment reports and data analysis comparisons requiring timely collection and analysis of enrollment data. Completes institutional research relative to enrollment and submits enrollment information to the National Student Clearinghouse
• Participates in University-wide committees and task forces and contributes to planning, developing, evaluating and improving enrollment services.
• Organizes and manages the functions of registration, grading, transcripts, enrollment certifications, degree certifications, transfer credit evaluations, computerized student record systems, academic calendar, student petitions, and classroom scheduling according to University policy, professional standards and recognized best practices.
• Manages the collection, maintenance, security, and release of student and alumnae records in accordance with AACRAO standards, FERPA regulations, University policies and procedures.
• Implements University policies and procedures to support academic requirements.
• Manages the coordination of the curricular approval process, accepting updates and changes from the curriculum committees and overseeing their entry into the published catalog, student information catalog and schedule, and the Degree Audit rules.
• In collaboration with Information Technology, responsible for system configuration, set up, and maintenance of various functions, tables, and processes embedded within the student information system in relation to each of the Registrar related functions.
• Manages and coordinates developing the master course schedule including preparing of semester bulletins and exam schedules.
• Ensures compliance with college policies and federal, state, and accreditation regulations and serves as an advisor to students, faculty, and deans regarding the operations and policies of the Registrar's office.
• Staffing decisions including hiring, firing, evaluating, compensation, and scheduling.
• Master’s degree or equivalent.
• Five or more years of progressively responsible and related experience within a registrar’s office.
• Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills; cultural competency to work with diverse student population.
• Excellent analytical skills with experience in standard statistical/graphic computer packages and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize and handle matters of a confidential nature.
• Commitment to effective delivery of academic services.
• Possess solid general computer skills, including ability to work in a Windows environment. Demonstrated knowledge of computer-based information systems that includes degree audit and web registration; experience in the Jenzabar student information system and Izenda is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to make a positive contribution to academic and strategic planning and to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
• Understanding of FERPA and other rules and regulations governing the maintenance and processing of academic records.
• Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff, and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy in the Catholic tradition, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford’s thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
Please visit our employer showcase!