Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Azusa, CA United States
|| Education and Library
Financial Aid Compliance Officer - One Stop|
The Financial Aid Compliance Officer is responsible for professional level activities in analyzing and interpreting federal financial aid regulations regarding all Title IV and California Student Aid Commission programs. The Compliance Officer will coordinate training and development activities for the Financial Aid, One Stop and Admissions staff that pertain to student financial aid regulations. The Financial Aid Specialist and Compliance Officer is responsible for determining the federal, state and institutional aid a student is eligible to receive. Performs the financial award process, needs analysis, financial aid verification, and reporting aid to the appropriate parties. This position reports to the Associate Director of Financial Aid and assists with administering the University's financial aid programs in accordance with all federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies.
* Bachelorís degree required.
* Three to five years of financial aid and compliance experience; in a university setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and institutional policies.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Federal title IV and state regulatory laws.
* Stay current on any and all Title IV regulatory requirement changes.
* Ability to develop training materials and present effective training workshops to staff.
* Assist the director in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to comply with changes in governmental laws and regulations.
* Inform the Director of any issues that may compromise compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
* Develop and execute an annual monitoring system to ensure that key financial aid functions are evaluated on a recurring basis. Includes but is not limited to Title IV verification, C-Codes, packaging, SAP, R2T4s and refunds.
* Participate in federal and state on-site compliance audit visits and assist with any corrective actions.
* Ensures both the accessibility of APUís student consumer information on the SFS website and timely delivery of the required notification to current and prospective students and employees.
* Serve as an office resource person on need analysis and verification. (Demonstrating expertise in complicated tax returns, non-traditional family relationships, unusual circumstances etc.)
* Responsible for financial aid functions within undergraduate financial aid, including daily tasks of packaging, verifications, R2T4 calculations and refunds.
* Awards internal and external scholarships adhering to institutional stacking policy.
* Awards student athletes, reviews team budgets, approves and signs Grant-in-Aid letters to insure compliance with NCAA laws and regulations.
* Fosters high morale within the financial aid office to assure staff job satisfaction and cohesiveness of effort in meeting the university and office goals.
* Required to work either the May or December commencement day per calendar year.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Ability to work as a member of a team.
* Excellent communication, problem-solving skills, ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
* Adaptability and the ability to come up with solutions to complex problems on short notice a must.
* Ability to make public presentations.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
* Strong understanding of Title IV programs, Cal Grants, and NCAA.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.